Dolphin Quest Bermuda is located at the National Museum of Bermuda in Dockyard on the westernmost end of Bermuda.
- The address for Dolphin Quest Bermuda is: 15 The Keep, Sandys, Bermuda MA 01.
- Dolphin Quest is located within the National Museum of Bermuda walls.
- Dolphin Quest is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
There are a variety of ways to get to the Dolphin Quest Bermuda location.
- From Hamilton, Bermuda
- Ferry: Take the high-speed ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard (30 min).
- Bus: Bus routes number 7 & 8 will take you from Hamilton to Dockyard (1 hour).
- Taxi: Rent a taxi and be driven to Dockyard (45 min).
- Moped: Rent a moped and drive to Dockyard (45 min).
- Electric Cars: Rent an Eco-car
- From St. Georges, Bermuda
- Bus/Ferry: Take the bus to Hamilton (1 hour) and then take the ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard (30 min).
- Bus: Take the bus from St. Georges to Dockyard, transferring in Hamilton (2 hours).
- Taxi: Rent a taxi and be driven to Dockyard (1.5 hour).
- Moped: Rent a moped and drive to Dockyard (1.5 hour).
- Electric Cars: Rent an Eco-car
- For more information on transportation options visit the Bermuda Tourism’s website: https://www.gotobermuda.com/transportation
- From Hamilton, Bermuda
- No. Even though we are located within the National Museum of Bermuda, Dolphin Quest Bermuda is a separate company from the museum.
- The National Museum of Bermuda is our partner.
- Dolphin Quest is not owned or operated by the National Museum of Bermuda.
Yes, but Dolphin Quest program participants with pre-paid reservations receive free admission to the museum.
- Dolphin Quest program non-participants are responsible for the cash or credit card entrance fee to the museum.
- The cost is $15/adult, $12/senior (over 65), free for Museum members and children under 16, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can pre-purchase the National Museum of Bermuda entrance fee for program non-participants when making your reservation online or with Central Reservations.
- Since this is an all-day admission, guests can enter the museum, leave for lunch, and return to the museum on the same day.
- Museum admission includes access to all museum exhibits including: Commissioner’s House, Children’s Playground and Playroom, and more.
The National Museum of Bermuda is open daily with hours varying by season.
- Current hours weekday & weekends is 10:00am – 5:00pm, with last admission at 4pm.
- The museum is open every day except Christmas Day.
Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.
Our programs fill up quickly during the busy summer and holiday seasons.
- We have a limited number of spaces for the various programs offered daily.
- We occasionally have cancellations, so if you are unable to reserve a spot, contact the Dolphin Quest kiosk and ask about our wait list.
Our goal is to make all encounters safe and exciting for the dolphins and guests, so we have some basic requirements for all participants:
- Participants must be able to follow directions and instructions provided by the program trainer and other Dolphin Quest Crew Members.
- Participants must be able to move about freely within the water environment.
- Guests must be comfortable in the water and be able to manage their movements as instructed in and around the animals while wearing required water safety gear.
- Participants must be able to physically move from one location to another by walking in sand, climbing stairs, walking across floating platforms, crossing slippery and uneven surfaces both in and out of the water, and be able to transition between standing and sitting positions.
- Local weather conditions vary, so individuals should be able to handle heat, humidity, direct sun exposure, wind, and heavy rain.
- Participants can expect to be around large marine mammals as well as other marine animals within the natural environment. Our dolphins have been trained for interactions, but as wild animals, their behavior can still be unpredictable.
- Participation in our shared public programs is available for ages 6 and up. Participation in our exclusive programs is available for families with children ages 3 and up.
- For assistance in making a reservation contact us onsite at 1 441 234 4464
- Bermuda is on AT (Atlantic Time) – which is 1 hour ahead of Eastern Time and 4 hours behind GMT.
Our goal is to make sure your visit is safe and enjoyable for both you and the dolphin.
- We welcome guests who may require additional assistance in our programs due to a disability or special need.
- Each encounter is customized to the comfort level of our guests while also ensuring safety for our guests and animals.
- To discuss making dolphin encounter reservations for a guest with special needs, please contact us directly at 1 441 234 4464
- For more information, please fill out our Contact Us Form.
All program fees are charged in full to the credit card used when making a reservation.
- If using a Dolphin Quest Gift Card for payment, this can be processed online or through a reservations agent.
- For any other payment questions, please contact Dolphin Quest Bermuda directly at 441.234.4464 (daily from 9:00am – 4:30pm ADT).
Guests that do not show up on time or “No Show” to check in for their reserved program will be charged full price.
Reservations for parties in shared public programs (up to 3 guests).
- There are no fees or penalties for cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 48 hours of the scheduled program time, and a full refund will be issued.
- Any cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled program may be charged 50 – 100% of the full price of the scheduled program.
- Any cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled program will not be charged the cancellation fee if payment is transferred to a Dolphin Quest Gift Card for a later date use.
- Any rescheduling made within 48 hours of the scheduled program time due to Covid or health concerns will not be charged the rescheduling fee.
Reservations for 4 or more participants or for Exclusive Experience participants
- There are no fees or penalties for cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 72 hours of the scheduled program time, and a full refund will be issued.
- Any cancellations within 72 hours of scheduled program time may be charged 50 – 100% of the full price of the scheduled program.
- Any cancellations within 72 hours of the scheduled program will not be charged the cancellation fee if payment is transferred to a Dolphin Quest Gift Card for a later date use.
- Any rescheduling made within 72 hours of the scheduled program time due to Covid or health concerns will not be charged the rescheduling fee.
To cancel or change a reservation
- Please contact Dolphin Quest Bermuda directly at 441.234.4464 (daily from 9am – 5pm AT).
Check-in time for all programs is 30 minutes prior to the scheduled program start time.
- The National Museum ticket office opens at 10am daily and will have the names of all participants/bookings.
- Any non-participants who have not pre-purchased an admission will need to pay upon arrival in order to join their party
- Please check in at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop located next to the dolphin lagoon for all programs.
- If the Gift Shop is closed, please wait at the blue “Encounter Club” sign next to the lagoons and the children’s playground
- It is wheelchair and stroller accessible
Yes, on occasion, program times are changed.
- If guests are booked in programs whose times have changed, we will contact them directly.
- Otherwise, all information on our web site is up-to-date.
Yes, changing areas and lockers are available for use.
- We offer complimentary and secure lockers near the Dolphin Quest kiosk for Dolphin Quest participants.
- There are restrooms located within the museum, and Dolphin Quest also has a changing area.
- It is suggested, if possible, to come to Dolphin Quest with your swimsuit on and ready to go into the water.
- You may wear sunscreen while in the water, and we encourage you to use ocean-safe products.
- An outdoor, fresh water shower is available for program guests to use.
- Dolphin Quest is not liable for lost or stolen items.
No. Dolphin Quest does not provide towels so we ask our guests to bring their own.
Towels are also available for purchase in our retail area.
Yes. Please contact Dolphin Quest Bermuda directly on 1 441.234.4464 during our normal business hours from 9:00am-4:30pm daily.
Personal cameras and GoPros are not allowed in our program areas.
- However, someone with you who is not doing the program may take pictures or video your interaction from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
- You may also take pictures of our animals before or after your program from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
- Dolphin Quest’s photographers will be taking posed and candid photos throughout your program.
- Your program photos are available for pre-order or as a post-program purchase.
Your program photos are available for pre-order or as a post-program purchase.
- Pre-order pick up, viewing and post-program photo orders will be at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop.
- Your program photos are available for purchase for up to 5 days after your program from 9:00am-4:00pm daily at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop.
- If you are unable to purchase your photos directly from Dolphin Quest Bermuda, on-line photo ordering will be available for 14 days from your program date.
No, Dolphin Quest Bermuda does not offer videos of your programs.
Non-participating guests and family members are welcome to film you during your program from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
Yes, Dolphin Quest Bermuda has a gift shop located in the Check-In and Gift Shop building.
- The gift shop is filled with Dolphin Quest and marine-themed items – all selected under our Purchase with a Purpose guidelines
- Items available include: plush animals, t-shirts, jewelery, sun and sea essentials, sustainable eco friendly products, educational items and Bermuda Made gifts
- The Museum does NOT have an onsite restaurant, canteen or gift shop so the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop is the only place for onsite refreshments once in the Museum
- There are nearby restaurants and other local artisans and retails outlets throughout the Royal Naval Dockyard area
Yes. To help keep our guests warm, Dolphin Quests provides wetsuits for guests during the months of November to April at no additional cost.
Dolphin Quest Bermuda does not put on entertainment shows, however, they do offer free seasonal dolphin demonstrations throughout the year for special events, off-peak weekends and some holidays.
- Contact the site for more information.
- Museum visitors are welcome to watch all encounters from the designated viewing areas overlooking the lagoon.
- During regular business hours, our Crew Members are available to answer questions.
- If you would like to host a group function, or schedule your own demonstration, with Dolphin Quest, please contact us.
We do not have set times for dolphin feedings.
Our dolphins are positively reinforced with food, touch, play, and other reinforcers throughout the day both during programs and training sessions.
Dolphin Quest has three beautiful locations worldwide on the islands of Hawaii, Oahu and Bermuda.
Our dolphins are well loved and well cared for at Dolphin Quest.
- We provide each dolphin with learning opportunities, loving affection, high-quality food, enriching environments, and top-notch veterinary care.
- Each dolphin receives daily health assessments by our marine animal specialists and veterinarians to ensure they are healthy and demonstrating normal dolphin behavior.
- Our dolphins participate in their own healthcare by learning a variety of behaviors which allow us to collect important medical samples, conduct ultrasound, and ensure their health is a top priority.
- Our dolphins thrive in their protected ocean water sanctuaries.
- They are a coastal ecotype of the common bottlenose dolphins and are well adapted to living in shallow coastal areas and bays in the wild.
- The majority of our dolphins are first and second generation dolphins born under human care.
- The dolphins under our care live as long or longer than their counterparts in the wild.
- Dolphin Quest facilities meet all of our dolphins’ needs and exceed both US government regulations and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums professional animal care standards.
- Dolphin Quest locations are all Humane Certified by American Humane assuring the facility meets the highest standards of animal care.