Dolphin Quest Bermuda is a majestic location that extends the dolphin’s habitat outside the museum walls and provides adventurous encounter opportunities.
Dolphin Quest Bermuda is located inside the majestic National Museum of Bermuda and we are proud to partner with them. Our Bermuda location is home to a Dolphin Lagoon, Ocean Habitat, and Dolphin Quest building.
Learn more about our Bermuda location and the National Museum of Bermuda below!
Dolphin Lagoon Facts
- Dolphin Quest Bermuda originally opened in 1996 at the Fairmont Southampton Princess Hotel
- In 1999, we relocated our animals and operations to a large protected ocean-fed lagoon within a historic fort that is home to the National Museum of Bermuda
- The dolphin lagoon is filled with saltwater that enters through a tunnel which connects the facility to the open ocean
Ocean Habitat Facts
- The dolphin’s habitat was expanded in 2016 to include the amazing Ocean Habitat sanctuary
- The Ocean Habitat is a large sanctuary that extends beyond the museum walls and allows the dolphins to swim out into the ocean waters via a connecting tunnel from the inside lagoon
- The entire sanctuary is one of the largest and most natural dolphin habitats in the world
- We conduct a variety of dolphin encounters in this area available for guests to experience the dolphins including while using underwater scooters
Dolphin Quest Building Facts
- The Dolphin Quest Check-In and Gift Shop was created in 2015 and is located within two historic buildings at the museum
- Here, we welcome all guests and can either provide more information or check them in for their dolphin encounter
- Guests can also view and purchase their encounter photos are our photo ordering stations
- Guests can also shop for a wide variety of Dolphin Quest and marine-themed souvenirs
- There is a Dolphin Deck where guests can relax on couches under umbrellas and enjoy the view of the entire dolphin lagoon to watch them play with each other and guests
- Right next to the Check-In and Gift Shop is our Learning Center where we conduct various education programs for children and adults
- We also have a separate building that includes staff offices where the Dolphin Quest Crew Members prepare diets for our dolphins, conduct laboratory work, and run operations
- In the Encounter Club area, there are lockers, changing rooms, outdoor showers, and nearby bathrooms for guests to use as well