Dolphin Quest Update on Resuming Onsite Programs
***COVID-19 restrictions and travel requirements may change between the Hawaiian islands. Please visit: travel.hawaii.gov before booking your visit to stay up to date on the latest developments***
Increased Safety Protocols
The health and wellbeing of our guests, team members, and animals remains our highest priority. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional measures to enhance our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with guidance from global and local public health authorities, including the CDC and WHO. At Dolphin Quest, you’ll see the following heightened safety precautions in practice:
- Increased cleaning frequency of public and work areas using disinfectant
- Increased hand-washing frequency
- Increased frequency of antibacterial hand sanitizer use
- Face coverings worn by Dolphin Quest Crew and guests indoors only.
- Dolphin experiences take place outdoors, and they are designed for small numbers of participants (no more than 6 people in a group), naturally supporting social distancing
- While there is no indication that a dolphin will catch a human respiratory illness through casual human contact, we still require hand sanitizing before interacting with the dolphins
Here’s what a recent guest had to say:
“What a FUN and educational experience! To be honest, I was initially torn about spending money towards a “dolphin experience” but after speaking with the employees of Dolphin Quest and having the chance to observe the dolphins and their trainers, I went for it and I’m so glad I did! My first interaction with Dolphin Quest was with a friendly and very helpful guy named Ben! He was patient and extremely informative with all of the questions I presented him with — ranging from questions about the dolphins and how they are cared for, to safety protocols due to COVID-19, to the different programs available, etc. I ended up going with the “Dolphin Encounter” program option and this allowed for 25 minutes of interaction with the dolphins. As an added bonus – we signed up to do this during the week and we were able to take advantage of the “buy 1 get 1 free” deal. (Thank you, Ben!) Our experience was AWESOME. We were paired up with one of the trainer’s — and her terrific energy definitely added to the adventure!(Thanks, Alexa!) The dolphin we were lucky enough to interact with was named Lono and WOW – what a majestic creature. The 25 minutes were spent in the water (above and below) and Alexa provided several different opportunities for us to interact with and learn more about Lono. She was also extremely informative and her love for these animals was crystal clear. Note: due to COVID-19, a number of health and safety protocols were put in place but this didn’t take away from the experience at all! If anything – it was really nice to go into this without all of the typical crowds! This was a terrific experience and if you are looking for an up close and personal encounter – Dolphin Quest Oahu won’t disappoint. Additionally, it’s beyond clear that they care deeply about the dolphins they work with on a daily basis, and they are eager to share their knowledge. Thanks again, Dolphin Quest Oahu!”
– Alex H.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Flexibility
We appreciate that the situation is continuing to evolve and offer the following flexibility with rescheduling and cancellations:
- Guest reservations can be cancelled, without penalty, 48 hours in advance of the reserved program start time. (See full Cancellation Policy)
- The health and safety of our guests and our team is our highest priority; therefore, your program can be rescheduled at no cost in the event that you are experiencing any signs of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath at the time of your program.
- Please email us at [email protected] or call the Dolphin Quest location directly if you need to reschedule or cancel, so that we can plan accordingly
- Click here for additional Dolphin Quest contact information
Resources for More Information
It is important to seek out reliable and fact-based resources for current information. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 updates from the public health authorities, medical professionals, as well as our hotel and tourism partners. Here are few helpful resources:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hawaii Tourism Authority – COVID-19 Alerts
- Statement from Hilton: Coronavirus
- Advisories and Guest Updates from the Hilton
- Bermuda Tourism – COVID-19 Updates
We are honored to have you as a customer and friend and look forward to welcoming you in the future to share a safe and inspiring connection with our dolphin family. In the meantime, please stay in touch with us on Facebook and through our other social media platforms.
The Dolphin Quest Team