What is Travelers Against Plastic?
The Travelers Against Plastic (TAP) Campaign is an outreach initiative which aims to educate global travelers about the harmful impacts of plastic water bottles usage and encourages travelers to be prepared to clean their own drinking water.
- The vision of this campaign is to catalyze a self-sustaining global movement resulting in the near-elimination of travelers’ dependence on plastic water bottles.
- The mission of this campaign, grounded in the ethics of responsible travel, the TAP campaign aims to educate global travelers about the harmful impacts of plastic water bottle usage and encourage travelers to be prepared to clean their own drinking water.
- The use of disposable plastic bottles while traveling is:
- Hard on the environment
- Hard on the communities left with the garbage
- Often unhealthy
- No traveler wants to leave a trail of plastic water bottles behind them, but many don’t know how to avoid it.
ACTION: Carry a reusable water bottle and a method to clean the water. This will help to avoid the waste of hundreds of millions of plastic bottles each year.
Take the Pledge
- This pledge states that you will avoid buying bottled water when you travel, and instead plan to treat my own drinking water.
- In addition, you pledge to spread the word to travelers I meet, both at home and abroad.
- Click here to take the individual pledge!
- This pledge states that you will use your company to promote sustainable travel and will encourage travelers to avoid buying bottled water when they travel.
- In addition, you will provide your travelers the proper information they need to treat their own drinking water.
- Also, you pledge to spread the word to travelers you meet, both at home and abroad.
- Click here to take the company pledge!
The Dolphin Quest Connection
- Dolphin Quest is a proud supporter of Travelers Against Plastic (TAP) and has encouraged all Crew Members to take the Individual Pledge.
- Dolphin Quest has also signed the TAP Company Pledge.