Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter.
Position: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Senior Accountant
We are looking for a part-time Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team. The Accounting Assistant is responsible providing support duties related to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and assisting our payroll function with administrative support.Work schedule will be varied and under 20 hours per week. This part-time position is available to start immediately.
- Data Entry in Great Plains.
- Journal entries into internal databases.
- Enter financial transactions
- Post invoices.
- Assist with fixed asset records, inventories.
- Scan, file and log accounting documents.
- Assist with Payroll file maintenance by reviewing, purging and scanning.
- Communicate effectively and timely issues, concerns and progress to the Senior Accountant.
- Promote quality of service among Crew Members by acting as a positive role model.
- Be personally available to internal customers to identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
- Adhere to branding and logo usage guidelines and standards.
- Ensure we “walk the talk” by being environmentally responsible.
- Support community involvement.
- Maintain 5-Star criteria in workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Some accounting education preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 2016 and Report Writer preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment with ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent self-motivational skills.
- Innovative, solution-oriented, can-do attitude essential.
- Fun, flexible and open minded.
- Ability to get along well with all types of people.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.