Reservations / Guest Services Agent
|Big Island, Hawaii
Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter.
Position: Reservations / Guest Services Agent
Reports to: General Manager
The Reservations Agent is an enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly individual who is responsible for making guests reservations for Dolphin Quest’s dolphin interactive programs in Hawaii and Bermuda. We are looking for an individual who is friendly and professional and who thrives on providing sensational guest service while demonstrating quality standards and solid product knowledge when assisting and confirming program reservationswhile observing Dolphin Quest policies and procedures. Work schedule includes evening and weekend shifts.
- Promptly and professionally answer incoming calls – responsible for central reservations and routing all other calls.
- Follow up on voice mail messages – generally reservation requests.
- Receive and respond to guest emails pertaining to reservations.
- Provide consistent and accurate program information including check-in and cancellation policies; content of programs; participant requirements; photo options; & reference to web site.
- Utilize tally sheets and recording systems to accurately record daily work volume.
- Complete post-encounter thank you calls.
- Participate in Reservations / Guest Services meetings with Director of Marketing and Public Relations and Crew Members in Virginia.
- Ensure we “walk the talk” by acting environmentally responsible in recycling, conserving energy, using environmentally friendly products when feasible.
- Support community involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer and internet skills or ability to learn (MS Office Suite/Reservation System).
- Ability to learn various Dolphin Quest programs and site information.
- Ability to learn Dolphin Quest Central Reservation’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including; but not limited to computers, copiers and fax machine.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, computer work, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member may work alone during evening hours. Noise level is moderate.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.