Regional Sales Representative
|Oahu, Hawaii||Sales||March, 2020||Until Filled|
Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter.
Position: Regional Sales Representative
The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for generating new business for Dolphin Quest through direct sales and marketing initiatives targeting strategic tourism partners as well as frequent individual travelers. This position reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with incentive companies, hotels, destination management companies, cruise ships, wholesalers, visitors, local businesses and residents through marketing initiatives and face-to-face interactions.
- Actively identify and develop prospective new group business using established lead methods.
- Coordinate efforts with host hotel’s sales and marketing teams.
- Participate in the creation of promotions and special events.
- Attend and coordinate local and mainland functions and industry trade shows to promote Dolphin Quest locations.
- Make group presentations to promote Dolphin Quest locations.
- Service and maintain existing and potential renewal contracts.
- Make contact with our tourism partners and with individuals by phone calls, letters and in person to generate new business.
- Manage inventory and make group reservations.
- Assist Director of Marketing and Public Relations in the coordination of pertinent marketing materials, media and public relations activity for Oahu, including flagging media coverage opportunities, connecting media rep with the appropriate Dolphin Quest contact(s), assist as needed to expedite communication/facilitation of final product.
- Participate in the coordination of media initiatives, incentive programs, contests and events.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations to create sales forecasts for group business.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in managing the Sales budget, including tracking of revenues, expenses and projected sales.
- Develop sales strategies to achieve revenue and participation goals.
- Establish and maintain a communication schedule with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
- Maintain accurate records and provide consistent and accurate reports within the designated timeframes.
- Be personally available to customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
- Maintain excellent quality standards for customer service and guest interaction.
- Attend and participate in meetings requested by the General Manager and/or the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
- Prepare and distribute materials to support programming.
- Maintain safe working conditions and ensure safety concerns are reported and resolved quickly.
- Ensure adherence to Dolphin Quest guidelines and
- Model environmentally responsible behaviors to guests, business partners, and crew members.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all Dolphin Quest locations and crew members.
- Maintain 5-Star criteria in workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training / experience necessary to meet the qualifications listed.
- 1 to 3 years of Sales or marketing experience in the tourism industry is preferred, not required.
- Excellent and professional customer service.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral, written and group presentations.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management ability to succeed in fast paced environment.
- Innovative, solution-oriented, can-do attitude essential.
- Ability to multi-task is critical.
- Must portray confidence and positive attitudes in appearance, tone of voice, and overall demeanor especially in times of high demand.
- High attention to detail and excellent judgment in solving unusual problems.
- Quick learner, independent, able to work with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Internet
- Be able to get along well with all types of people.
- Valid Driver License
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods on indoor and outdoor surfaces; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew member may be exposed to fairly predictable and controllable hazards associated with having close contact with aquatic animals; working outdoors in uneven terrain with constant exposure to sun, wind and outdoor elements, and moving about on slippery surfaces. On-the-job duties may require periods of time in salt-water, actively swimming and working in ocean water elements. This job may entail repeated entry and exit into lagoon area with the need to hoist oneself out of a lagoon.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Crew Member must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of their time.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.