Guest Services Agent / Photographer
|Bermuda||Guest Services||Immediately||April 30|
Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter.
Position: Guest Services Agent / Photographer
Reports to: Assistant Manager of Operations
Seasonal and Summer Positions
Guest Service Agents – varied start and end dates between 14 March – 31 December, 2022 (dates subject to change)
Seasonal Post: 14 March – 31 December, 2022
Summer Post: 2 May – 31 October, 2022
Our Guest Service Agents/Photographers are enthusiastic, hospitality minded individuals who thrive on providing sensational customer service to all of our guests while creating a welcoming atmosphere in a fun environment. These individuals will be responsible for all aspects of Guest Services Department customer care and pre and post guest experience, including, but not limited to: guest interactions – onsite, by phone and email, making reservations, processing check-in welcome and check-out farewell; all aspects of the photography department – camera maintenance, taking photos, processing images, guest assistance; assist in managing all aspects related to the Gift Shop retail/merchandise – handling cash and sales, operating POS system, maintaining stock, inventory management, ensuring cleanliness and upholding health and safety practices.
- Provide our Guests with Sensational Customer Services including all aspects of reservations, front/gate ambassador, and retail merchandising and sales.
- Be personally available to greet and check in guests, offer assistance, address concerns and provide sensational service during guest interactions.
- Enthusiastically approach and respond to guest inquiries in a positive, confident, and effective manner.
- Answer calls, respond to inquiries, record and relay messages accurately, and direct them to the appropriate Crew Member or department.
- Actively pursue Ambassador engagements to cultivate guests’ interest in dolphins and Dolphin Quest programs and products.
- Process walk-up and phone reservations through the computer reservations system, share relevant information with Guests about Dolphin Quest programs and products.
- Share knowledge of Dolphin Quest, its history, the habitat, and the dolphins.
- Actively work to effectively merchandise and promote retail sales.
- Operates cash register, camera, computer and other office equipment.
- Performs photographic duties for our programs.
- Maintain quality appearance of our Dolphin Quest facility by attractively displaying products; cleaning work areas keeping displays tidy, restocking merchandise, and reorganizing work areas for maximum efficiency.
- Effectively and accurately process all financial transactions throughout the day.
- Assist Guests with life jacket fittings and program preparation, as needed.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and maintain composure and professionalism.
- Creatively generate new ideas and working solutions.
- Embrace the Dolphin Quest “open door” policy, in which Crew Members are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all Dolphin Quest locations and Crew Members.
- Maintain safe working conditions for Crew Members and guests and ensure safety concerns are reported and resolved quickly.
- Participate in professional development training opportunities as offered or available to ensure company and national service standards and criteria are attained.
- Be environmentally responsible.
- Support community involvement.
- Serve in whatever role is needed for better company efficiency and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma/GED or higher education qualification (subject to applicable post)
- References: Provide 2 reference contacts and/or written references
- Resumé: Provide a resumé that demonstrates work or volunteer experience relevant to the applied position
- Schedule: Be able to work flexible hours, weekends and public holidays
- Transport: Have own transport or alternate transportation options for non-serviced public transport schedules to ensure professional time-keeping
- Experience: Experience in any of the following related fields would be considered an asset but not required: Tourism/Hospitality, Retail, Conservation, Animal Care; Photography/Media
- Certifications: Certification in any of the following areas are preferred but not required: CPR/First Aid Certification or other health and safety certification; Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) or other hospitality/tourism related certification; acknowledgements/attainments of previous volunteer or work experience
Attributes & Skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and maintain composure and professionalism in high pressure situations
- Have a positive and pro-active attitude and flexible frame of mind
- Be confident and comfortable conversing and working with children and adults
- Excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
- Be creative and willing to contribute new ideas and working solutions
- Have experience with handling cash and/or merchandise
- Be able to work independently and willing to learn new systems & processes
- Be able to support and uphold the Company values, mission and vision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 23 kg. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew member will be required to work outdoors in uneven terrain with constant exposure to sun, wind and outdoor elements; move about on slippery surfaces; on the job duties may require periods of time in salt-water, actively swimming, diving and working in ocean water elements. This job may entail repeated entry and exit into lagoon area with the need to hoist self out of the lagoon.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.