Guest Services Agent
|Big Island, Hawaii||Guest Services||Spring/Summer 2021||Until Filled|
Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter.
Position: Guest Services Agent
Reports to: General Manager
Guest Services Agents will be responsible for providing sensational customer service and creating a welcoming atmosphere for guests in a fun, outdoor environment, while assisting in pre- and post- dolphin experiences at Dolphin Quest Hawaii.
- Enthusiastically approach and respond to guest inquiries in a positive, confident, and effective manner.
- Greet and check in guests and provide sensational service during their interactions.
- Assist guests with life jacket fittings and program preparation.
- Process walk-up and phone reservations through the computer reservations system.
- Answer phones and manage voice mail system within protocols outlined in the Crew Member Handbook.
- Actively pursue Quest Engagement to cultivate guests’ interest in dolphins and Dolphin Quest programs.
- Photograph guests in programs
- Share knowledge of Dolphin Quest, its history, the habitat, and the dolphins.
- Share relevant information with guests about Dolphin Quest programs and products.
- Actively work to effectively merchandise and promote retail sales.
- Assist with check-in, tagging, organizing, and display of merchandise orders.
- Maintain the 5-star appearance of our Dolphin Quest facility by attractively displaying products; cleaning work areas keeping displays tidy, restocking merchandise, and reorganizing work areas for maximum efficiency.
- Effectively and accurately process all financial transactions throughout the day.
- Answer calls, respond to inquiries, record and relay messages accurately, and direct them to the appropriate Crew Members or departments.
- Assist with host/hostess duties as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and maintain composure and professionalism in busy situations.
- Creatively generate new ideas and working solutions.
- Embrace the Dolphin Quest “open door” policy, in which Crew Members are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all Dolphin Quest locations and Crew Members.
- Develop and maintain proper interdepartmental integration both locally and globally.
- Maintain regular communication with assigned teams regarding all relevant projects.
- Promote quality service among Crew by acting as a positive role model.
- Maintain safe working conditions for Crew Members and guests, and ensure safety concerns are reported and resolved quickly.
- Uphold branding and logo usage guidelines and standards as outlined in Crew Member Handbook.
- Be environmentally responsible.
- Support community involvement.
- Serve in whatever role is needed for better company efficiency and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Japanese speaking preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Cash handling and end-of-day banking experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Ability to work varied schedules, including required weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate computers, cameras, and cash register.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with both children and adults.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member will be exposed to fairly predictable and controllable hazards associated with having close contact with marine animals; work outdoors in uneven terrain with constant exposure to sun, wind and outdoor elements; move about on slippery surfaces; on the job duties may require long periods of time in salt-water, actively swimming, diving and working in ocean water elements. This job may entail repeated entry and exit into lagoon area with the need to hoist self out of the lagoon. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.