Assistant Manager of Marine Mammals
|Bermuda||Training||Immediately||February 14, 2020|
Please submit the online application including cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please see instructions below on how to submit application, resume and cover letter. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM BERMUDIANS OR SPOUSES OF BERMUDIANS ONLY.
Position: Assistant Manager of Marine Mammals
Position: Assistant Manager of Marine Animals
OPEN TO BERMUDIAN OR SPOUSE OF BERMUDIAN APPLICANTS ONLY
Reports to: General Manager and Vice President of Animals
The Assistant Manager of Marine Animals is responsible for assisting with day-to-day supervision and training of the animal collection and the Training Department Crew Members at their Dolphin Quest location and for providing quality interactive experiences for our guests with direction from the Manager of Marine Animals and the General Manager of the location.
- Maintain quality standards regarding customer service and guest interaction during
- Oversee that all aspects of proper area related husbandry is in
- Train approved Crew Members on husbandry sample
- Oversee the administration of vitamins and prescribed
- Oversee and participate in the scheduling, proper collection, analysis and recording of all animal medical
- Oversee the accuracy of all animal records and
- Assist with the coordination and execution of medical
- Develop ultrasound
- Oversee all aspects of proper food preparation
- Assist with training Crew Members to conduct new
- Demonstrate the understanding and ability to communicate Dolphin Quest training
- Perform regularly with and/or observe Crew Members to critique and coach in all aspects of animal sessions and interactions with
- Meet regularly with Crew Members and manager to advise and update animal related
- Maintain Crew Member attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and
- Delegate workload appropriately and
- Provide input on all performance and goal assessments for Training Department Crew
- Provide guidance for effective Crew Member
- Participate in scheduling of Training Department Crew
- Provide input for Training Department Crew Member
- Ensure Crew Member knowledge of all program related information for
- Assist Manager of Marine Mammals with Crew Member accountability to the Crew Member Handbook
- Assist with the design and implementation of all program development, improvements and changes as designated by assigned task
- Ensure overall program excellence on all levels by maintaining quality standards regarding presentation of information including materials in programs, methods, style and
- Maintain a degree of consistency in programs while ensuring inclusion of local
- Ensure that a safe and learning-friendly environment is maintained for all
- Participate in Training Department
- Exemplify and coach effective communication and guest interaction
- Maintain open and positive relations with all Dolphin Quest locations and Crew
- Develop and maintain proper interdepartmental integration locally and
- Maintain regular communication with Animal Management team regarding all relevant
- Instill the meaning and importance of guest service in all Dolphin Quest Crew
- Promote and monitor quality of service among Crew Members through training and by acting as a positive role
- Be personally available to guests to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or
- Motivate and develop Crew Members in order to encourage their professional
- Oversee the execution of departmental
- Successfully complete Dolphin Quest Training Lecture
- Demonstrate knowledge of all program related information for the
- Assist and/or lead assigned department project area(s).
- Embrace the Dolphin Quest “open door” policy where Crew Members are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill
- Maintain safe working conditions and ensure safety concerns are reported and resolved
- Adhere to Dolphin Quest guidelines and
- Act environmentally
- Support community
- Maintain 5-Star criteria in
- Perform other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related training and/or experience necessary to meet the qualifications listed
- Leadership experience
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving
- Excellent public speaking/public relations
- Ability to adjust to changing
- Interactive training skills and Open Ocean training skills
- Laboratory technician skills
- Demonstration of ability to proficiently work in water environment: swimming, snorkeling, and SCUBA
- CPR Certification
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member will be exposed to fairly predictable and controllable hazards associated with having close contact with marine animals; work outdoors in uneven terrain with constant exposure to sun, wind and outdoor elements; move about on slippery surfaces; on the job duties may require long periods of time in salt-water, actively swimming, diving and working in ocean water elements. This job may entail repeated entry and exit into lagoon area with the need to hoist self out of the lagoon. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online for this Position
Please note the following information is to help you successfully complete your application:
- Attention Apple Computer Users: It is best to use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader program to fill out PDF applications. (The MAC default program Preview will create a blank application when you save the file and send it). You can download it for free from the Adobe Web site.
- Not all Internet Browsers work the same – preferred browser is Internet Explorer. If using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers – please save the application file to your computer first before filling it out.
- Download the Adobe Reader – Adobe Web site
- Check that your Adobe Reader Plugin (in your browser) is up-to-date – Adobe Web site
- If you have issues opening the PDF file in a browser – Right click on the Download Application button and select either “Save Target as” or “Save Link as” to save the application to your computer.
- Click the Download Application button
- This will open a new window containing the PDF Application
- Complete and Save the application to your computer – please change the application file to your name
Once you have completed and successfully saved the application to your computer, you can proceed to ‘Step 2’ .
- Click the Upload Application button
- You will be redirected to the Upload page where you can submit your saved application, resume, and/or cover letter.
- All files must be either PDF or DOC format.