- Where are you located?
- How do I get to Dolphin Quest?
- Which is faster: bus or taxi?
- Do you need to make reservations in advance?
- What are the minimum guest requirements for participating in a Dolphin Quest Encounter?
- How do I pay for my program?
- What is your Cancellation Policy?
- When do I check in for my scheduled program?
- Does Dolphin Quest provide lockers and changing rooms?
- Does the National Museum of Bermuda have an entrance fee?
- When is the museum open?
- What if I was unable to confirm a program reservation before my trip, do you offer a Standby list?
- Do you provide wetsuits during fall and winter?
- Can I take pictures with my own camera during the program?
- How can I purchase my photos?
- How does Dolphin Quest care for its dolphins?
Dolphin Quest Bermuda is located at the National Museum of Bermuda in Dockyard on the westernmost end of Bermuda.
From Hamilton, Bermuda
- Take the high-speed ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard. The trip is only a half an hour!
- Bus routes number 7 & 8 will take you from Hamilton to Dockyard.
From St. Georges, Bermuda
- Use public transportation – take the bus to Hamilton and then take the ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard or take the bus from St. Georges to Dockyard, transferring in Hamilton
- Take a taxi
- Rent a moped
The bus will take a little longer than a taxi. The bus and ferry trip from St. Georges to Dockyard will be about an hour total. The bus ride from Hamilton to Dockyard will take approximately 45-60 minutes, whereas travel by taxi will take approximately 30 minutes.
Dolphin Quest highly recommends making a reservation in advance. Make your reservations online or contact our Central Reservations office at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation). For International callers, please dial 540.687.8102. Please note that some programs are not available through online reservation system and must be reserved through our Central Reservations Office. For more information please fill out our Contact Us Form.
- Participants must be able to follow directions and instructions provided by the guided trainer and other Crew Members.
- Participants must be able to move about freely within the water environment. Guests must be comfortable in the water and be able to manage their movements as instructed in and around the animals while wearing required water safety gear.
- Participants must be able to physically move from one location to another by crossing sand, climbing stairs, traversing floating platforms, have mobility between standing and sitting positions, crossing slippery and unlevel surfaces both in and out of the water.
- Local weather conditions expect individuals to be able to handle heat, humidity, direct sun exposure, wind and torrential rains.
- Participants can expect to be around large marine mammals as well as marine animals within the natural environment. Our dolphins have been trained for interactions. As wild animals, their behavior can still be unpredictable.
Dolphin Quest welcomes guests with special needs and strives to meet those needs in our encounter programs at all of our locations. For more information please fill out our Contact Us Form. For assistance in making a reservation contact our Central Reservations at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation).
|Back to top|
All programs are paid for at the time of the reservation with a major credit card.
Guests that do not show up on time for their reserved program will be charged full price. Reservations for parties up to, and including 6 participants
- Any cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 48 hours of the scheduled program time will not be charged.
- Any cancellations within 48 hours of scheduled program time will be charged full price of scheduled program.
- Any rescheduling made within 48 hours of the scheduled program time will be charged an additional re-booking fee of $75 per guest.
Reservations for 7 or more participants
- Any cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 2 weeks of the scheduled program time will not be charged.
- Any cancellations within 2 weeks of scheduled program time will be charged full price of scheduled program.
- Any rescheduling made within 2 weeks of the scheduled program time will be charged an additional re-booking fee of $75 per guest.
To cancel or change a reservation please contact either our Central Reservation office at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation) or Dolphin Quest Bermuda at 441.234.4464 (Daily from 9:30am – 4:30pm AST). (International charges may apply) Please leave a message in the event of a recording.
Check-in time for all programs is no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled program start time. If not checked in by this time, the guest’s reservations may be given to a Standby guest.
Dolphin Quest has changing rooms for our guests. We do suggest that you come in your swimsuit and a cover-up, to make it easier. The closest restrooms are located at the entrance to the National Museum of Bermuda. Individual lockers are provided with locks available upon request at no charge.
Participants with advanced pre-paid reservations are not required to pay admission to the museum. Non-participants are responsible for the cash entrance fee to the museum ($15 per adult, $12 for seniors over 60, children under 16 are FREE (must be accompanied by an adult)).
The museum is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. (Last admission 4 pm)
12. What if I was unable to confirm a program reservation before my trip, do you offer a Standby list?
For guests without confirmed reservations wishing to participate in a Dolphin Quest program, please check availability by calling Dolphin Quest at 441.234.4464 or you may also contact our Central Reservation Office at 800.248.3316. For International callers, please dial 540.687.8102.
A Dolphin Quest Crew Member will be able to inform you of any availability for the day or at what time to check back for certain programs.
|Back to top|
Dolphin Quest Bermuda provides wetsuits for guests during the months of November to April at no additional cost.
No, we do not allow cameras in our programs. This is because we want you to take part in the full Dolphin Quest experience, which might be hard if you are occupied by taking pictures. Dolphin Quest has a wonderful staff of photographers who will be taking posed and candid photos throughout your program. Non-participants are welcome to use cameras and video cameras in the designated viewing areas.
You can view and order your encounter photos on-site immediately following your encounter using one of our DQ Photo ordering stations located in the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop at the National Museum of Bermuda. If you are unable to purchase your photos at that time, we will keep your encounter photos online for 14 days from your program date, which you can view online: Click here to view and buy photos
Our dolphins are well loved and well cared for at Dolphin Quest. We give them enriching attention and affection, and the best food, shelter and veterinary care. Each dolphin receives daily health assessments where our expert animal caregivers check them out from rostrum to tail fluke. Our dolphins also participate in their own healthcare allowing their trainers and veterinarians to take a variety of voluntary medical samples, ultrasounds and x-rays to monitor their health.
Our dolphins thrive in their protected ocean water sanctuaries. They are the coastal ecotype of the common bottlenose dolphin and well adapted to living in shallow coastal areas and bays in the wild. The majority of our dolphins are 1st and even 2nd generation dolphins born under human care. They live as long or longer than their counterparts in the wild.
Dolphin Quest facilities meet all of our dolphins’ needs and exceed both US government regulations and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums professional animal care standards. All Dolphin Quest locations are also Humane Certified by the American Humane Association.
|Back to top|