Dolphin Quest Bermuda Frequently Asked Questions & Tips
- Where is Dolphin Quest Bermuda located?
- How do I get to Dolphin Quest Bermuda?
- Are you part of the National Museum of Bermuda?
- Does the National Museum of Bermuda have an entrance fee?
- What are the hours of the National Museum of Bermuda?
- How far in advance do you take reservations?
- How quickly do your programs fill up?
- What are the minimum guest requirements for participating in a Dolphin Quest program?
- Does Dolphin Quest welcome guests with special needs?
- When and how do I pay for my program?
- What is your Cancellation Policy?
- When do I check in for my scheduled program?
- Do your program times ever change?
- Do you offer changing areas or lockers?
- Does Dolphin Quest provide towels?
- Do you offer a “wait list” when programs are completely booked?
- Can I take pictures with my own camera during the program?
- How can I purchase my photos?
- Do you offer video of the programs?
- Does Dolphin Quest have a gift shop?
- Does Dolphin Quest offer wetsuits during fall and winter?
- Does Dolphin Quest have dolphin shows?
- When is the next dolphin feeding?
- How many Dolphin Quest locations do you have?
- How does Dolphin Quest care for its dolphins?
1. Where is Dolphin Quest Bermuda located?
Dolphin Quest Bermuda is located at the National Museum of Bermuda in Dockyard on the westernmost end of Bermuda.
- The address for Dolphin Quest Bermuda is: 15 The Keep, Sandys, Bermuda MA 01.
- Dolphin Quest is located within the National Museum of Bermuda walls.
- Dolphin Quest is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Click here to view a map of the National Museum of Bermuda.
2. How do I get to Dolphin Quest Bermuda?
There are a variety of ways to get to the Dolphin Quest Bermuda location.
- From Hamilton, Bermuda
- Ferry: Take the high-speed ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard (30 min).
- Bus: Bus routes number 7 & 8 will take you from Hamilton to Dockyard (1 hour).
- Taxi: Rent a taxi and be driven to Dockyard (45 min).
- Moped: Rent a moped and drive to Dockyard (45 min).
- From St. Georges, Bermuda
- Bus/Ferry: Take the bus to Hamilton (1 hour) and then take the ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard (30 min).
- Bus: Take the bus from St. Georges to Dockyard, transferring in Hamilton (2 hours).
- Taxi: Rent a taxi and be driven to Dockyard (1.5 hour).
- Moped: Rent a moped and drive to Dockyard (1.5 hour).
3. Are you part of the National Museum of Bermuda?
- No. Even though we are located within the National Museum of Bermuda, Dolphin Quest Bermuda is a separate company from the museum.
- The National Museum of Bermuda is our partner.
- Dolphin Quest is not owned or operated by the National Museum of Bermuda.
4. Does the National Museum of Bermuda have an entrance fee?
Yes, but Dolphin Quest program participants with pre-paid reservations receive free admission to the museum.
- Dolphin Quest program non-participants are responsible for the cash or credit card entrance fee to the museum.
- The cost is $15/adult, $12/senior (over 65), and children under 16 are free, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can pre-purchase the National Museum of Bermuda entrance fee for program non-participants when making your reservation online or with Central Reservations.
- Since this is an all-day admission, guests can enter the museum, leave for lunch, and return to the museum on the same day.
- Museum admission includes access to all museum exhibits including: Commissioner’s House, Children’s Playground and Playroom, and more.
5. What are the hours of the National Museum of Bermuda?
The National Museum of Bermuda is open daily during the week from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Weekday hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Weekend and public holiday hours are 9:30am – 5:00pm.
- The museum is open every day except Christmas Day.
6. How far in advance do you take reservations?
Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.
- Book now with our online reservation system, or call our Central Reservations office at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation).
- For international callers please dial 540.687.8102.
- For more information please fill out our Contact Us Form.
- Please note that some programs are not available through the online reservation system and must be reserved through our Central Reservations Office.
7. How quickly do your programs fill up?
Our programs fill up quickly during the busy summer and holiday seasons.
- We have a limited number of spaces for the various programs offered daily.
- We occasionally have cancellations, so if you are unable to reserve a spot, contact the Dolphin Quest kiosk and ask about our wait list.
8. What are the minimum guest requirements for participating in a Dolphin Quest program?
Our goal is to make all encounters safe and exciting for the dolphins and guests, so we have some basic requirements for all participants:
- Participants must be able to follow directions and instructions provided by the program trainer and other Dolphin Quest Crew Members.
- Participants must be able to move about freely within the water environment.
- Guests must be comfortable in the water and be able to manage their movements as instructed in and around the animals while wearing required water safety gear.
- Participants must be able to physically move from one location to another by walking in sand, climbing stairs, walking across floating platforms, crossing slippery and uneven surfaces both in and out of the water, and be able to transition between standing and sitting positions.
- Local weather conditions vary, so individuals should be able to handle heat, humidity, direct sun exposure, wind, and heavy rain.
- Participants can expect to be around large marine mammals as well as other marine animals within the natural environment. Our dolphins have been trained for interactions, but as wild animals, their behavior can still be unpredictable.
- Guests under the age of five are restricted from participating in our standard encounter programs. However, we do offer private programs where children of all ages can participate. Please call our Central Reservations office at 800.248.3316 for details.
- For assistance in making a reservation contact our Central Reservations at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation).
9. Does Dolphin Quest welcome guests with special needs?
Our goal is to make sure your visit is safe and enjoyable for both you and the dolphin.
- We welcome guests who may require additional assistance in our programs due to a disability or special need.
- Each encounter is customized to the comfort level of our guests while also ensuring safety for our guests and animals.
- To discuss making dolphin encounter reservations for a guest with special needs, please contact us directly at Central Reservations at 800.248.3316.
- For more information, please fill out our Contact Us Form.
10. When and how do I pay for my program?
All program fees are charged in full to the credit card used when making a reservation.
- If using a Dolphin Quest Gift Card for payment, this can be processed online or through a reservations agent.
- For any other payment questions, please contact Central Reservations at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation) or Dolphin Quest Bermuda directly at 441.234.4464 (daily from 9:00am – 4:30pm ADT).
11. What is your cancellation policy?
Guests that do not show up on time to check in for their reserved program will be charged full price.
Reservations for parties up to, and including 6 participants
- There are no fees or penalties for cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 48 hours of the scheduled program time, and a full refund will be issued.
- Any cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled program time will be charged the full price of the scheduled program.
- Any rescheduling made within 48 hours of the scheduled program time will be charged an additional re-booking fee of $75 per guest.
Reservations for 7 or more participants
- There are no fees or penalties for cancellations/rescheduling made prior to 2 weeks of the scheduled program time, and a full refund will be issued.
- Any cancellations within 2 weeks of scheduled program time will be charged the full price of the scheduled program.
- Any rescheduling made within 2 weeks of the scheduled program time will be charged an additional re-booking fee of $75 per guest.
To cancel or change a reservation
- Please contact either our Central Reservation office at 800.248.3316 (daily – view hours of operation) or Dolphin Quest Oahu directly at 808.739.8918 (daily from 8:30am – 5pm HST).
12. When do I check in for my scheduled program?
Check-in time for all programs* is 30 minutes prior to the scheduled program start time.
- *For the Trainer for a Day program you may check in at the scheduled program time.
- For morning programs, the earliest check-in time is 8:30am HST.
- Please check in at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop located next to the dolphin lagoon for all programs.
- It is wheelchair and stroller accessible, but please feel free to ask for directions upon arrival to avoid staircases.
- Click here to view map of museum grounds.
13. Do your program times ever change?
Yes, on occasion, program times are changed.
- If guests are booked in programs whose times have changed, we will contact them directly.
- Otherwise, all information on our web site is up-to-date.
14. Do you offer changing areas or lockers?
Yes, changing areas and lockers are available for use.
- We offer complimentary and secure lockers near the Dolphin Quest kiosk for Dolphin Quest participants.
- There are restrooms located within the museum, and Dolphin Quest also has a changing area.
- It is suggested, if possible, to come to Dolphin Quest with your swimsuit on and ready to go into the water.
- You may wear sunscreen while in the water, and we encourage you to use ocean-safe products.
- An outdoor, fresh water shower is available for program guests to use.
- Dolphin Quest is not liable for lost or stolen items.
15. Does Dolphin Quest provide towels?
- No. Dolphin Quest does not provide towels so we ask our guests to bring their own.
- Towels are also available for purchase in our retail area.
16. Do you offer a “wait list” when programs are completely booked?
- Yes. Please contact Dolphin Quest Bermuda directly at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop or call 441.234.4492 during our normal business hours from 9:00am-4:30pm daily.
17. Can I take pictures with my own camera during the program?
Personal cameras and GoPros are not allowed in our program areas.
- However, someone with you who is not doing the program may take pictures or video your interaction from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
- You may also take pictures of our animals before or after your program from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
- Dolphin Quest’s photographers will be taking posed and candid photos throughout your program.
- Your program photos are available for pre-order or as a post-program purchase.
18. How can I purchase my photos?
Your program photos are available for pre-order or as a post-program purchase.
- Pre-order pick up, viewing and post-program photo orders will be at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop.
- Your program photos are available for purchase for up to 5 days after your program from 9:00am-4:00pm daily at the Dolphin Quest Gift Shop.
- If you are unable to purchase your photos directly from Dolphin Quest Bermuda, on-line photo ordering will be available for 14 days from your program date.
19. Do you offer video of the programs?
No, Dolphin Quest Bermuda does not offer videos of your programs.
- Non-participating guests and family members are welcome to film you during your program from the spectator side of the ropes and railings.
20. Does Dolphin Quest have a gift shop?
Yes, Dolphin Quest Bermuda has a gift shop located in the Check-In and Gift Shop building.
- The gift shop is filled with Dolphin Quest and marine-themed items.
- Items available include: plush animals, t-shirts, rash guards, towels, jewelry, ornaments, toys, books, and much more.
21. Does Dolphin Quest provide wetsuits during fall and winter?
- Yes. To help keep our guests warm, Dolphin Quests provides wetsuits for guests during the months of November to May at no additional cost.
22. Does Dolphin Quest have dolphin shows?
Yes, Dolphin Quest Bermuda will sometimes offer free dolphin demonstrations throughout the year for special events and holidays.
- Contact the site for exact show times or visit Current Events for more information.
- Museum visitors are welcome to watch all encounters from the designated viewing areas overlooking the lagoon.
- During regular business hours, our Crew Members are available to answer questions.
- If you would like to host a group function, or schedule your own demonstration, with Dolphin Quest, please contact us.
23. When is the next dolphin feeding?
We do not have set times for dolphin feedings.
- Our dolphins are positively reinforced with food, touch, play, and other reinforcers throughout the day both during programs and training sessions.
24. How many Dolphin Quest locations do you have?
Dolphin Quest has three beautiful locations worldwide on the islands of Hawaii, Oahu and Bermuda.
- To learn more about each location, please click on the following location links: Big Island – Hawaii, Oahu – Hawaii, Bermuda
25. How does Dolphin Quest care for its dolphins?
Our dolphins are well loved and well cared for at Dolphin Quest.
- We provide each dolphin with learning opportunities, loving affection, high-quality food, enriching environments, and top-notch veterinary care.
- Each dolphin receives daily health assessments by our marine animal specialists and veterinarians to ensure they are healthy and demonstrating normal dolphin behavior.
- Our dolphins participate in their own healthcare by learning a variety of behaviors which allow us to collect important medical samples, conduct ultrasound, and ensure their health is a top priority.
- Our dolphins thrive in their protected ocean water sanctuaries.
- They are a coastal ecotype of the common bottlenose dolphins and are well adapted to living in shallow coastal areas and bays in the wild.
- The majority of our dolphins are first and second generation dolphins born under human care.
- The dolphins under our care live as long or longer than their counterparts in the wild.
- Dolphin Quest facilities meet all of our dolphins’ needs and exceed both US government regulations and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums professional animal care standards.
- Dolphin Quest locations are all Humane Certified by American Humane assuring the facility meets the highest standards of animal care.